We are proud to announce an innovative and ergonomic approach to truck safety for raising and lowering landing gear with our new Dixie Industries Sixth Wheel Ratchet. Dixie Industries is a well-known name in the trucking and rigging industries for its ratchet binders, chain assemblies, and heavy-duty components and in forestry and farming industries.
The Sixth Wheel Ratchet boasts numerous features that set it apart from the standard S-crank:
- Ergonomically reduces injury risk while operating trailer landing gear – operator can use an ergonomically-correct posture, utilizing body weight while reducing muscle exertion versus a standard crank that operates in a complete circle and requires individuals to exert extremely high forces in postures that are biomechanically inefficient.
- The Sixth Wheel is a proven solution preferred by 80% of drivers in actual use tests.
- Already in use today – Schneider National , Inc. compiled a study on the Sixth Wheel’s effectiveness and decided to outfit their entire fleet with Dixie Industries Sixth Wheel Ratchet.
- A cost effective solution to the ever growing expense of workers compensation claims – a single shoulder surgery is an estimated $42,000 cost to a trucking company or owner-operator. Eliminating just one shoulder injury could provide enough savings to outfit an entire fleet of trailers with Sixth Wheel ratchets.
- Designed to fit all standard landing gear – available in three lengths, the Sixth Wheel Ratchet fits all trailers and all standard landing gear.
- Self-locking security cap provides security – made of hardened steel, the self-locking pin and cap can only be removed by using heavy duty shop equipment like a torch or grinding tool.
- Patented technology – there is only one Sixth Wheel Ratchet, don’t be fooled by knock-offs. Look for US Patent 7,021,659 stamped on all authentic Dixie Industries Sixth Wheel units.
See it in action today. Watch the demo video below:
Want to learn more about this product? Please call our customer service department at 1-800-888-0985 or your local CMCO Sales Manager.